Request a phone call
What makes Villa Botanica weddings so amazing?
- Total privacy and exclusivity: Villa Botanica is yours exclusively on your wedding day.
- Stunning Coral Sea Views: The entire 5 acres of property runs right along the water’s edge.
- 14 separate photographic locations: featuring inspired architecture and spectacular gardens, Villa Botanica has been described in the media as “heaven on Earth”. Your wedding album will look like you’ve been around the world in a day.
- Everything in one location: Salon, Ceremony Pavilion, Photography and Reception Venue all in one convenient place. With the added ease of private transportation for all your guests.
- The only specialist wedding venue in Australia. Unlike a resort, we host only weddings and nothing else. Our wedding planners are at the cutting edge of wedding trends and all our energy goes into constantly looking at how we can improve what we do to make this a once in a lifetime experience for our clients.
- 5 star customer service. With a Functions Supervisor and a team of Wedding Co-ordinators assigned to each client, you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Do I have to share the venue with other wedding parties?
- No. We only hold one wedding per day, so you never have to make way for another group and all our attention can be focussed on your celebration.
- How do I organise my wedding from a distance?
- Nearly everyone who gets married at Villa Botanica comes from either interstate or overseas, with only 15% of our clients seeing the wedding venue prior to the week of their wedding. Distance wedding planning is what we specialise in with a team of coordinators looking after you via phone, email, skype and through your own personalised online planning website. Our comprehensive experiences include all the essential services for your day and we are happy to guide you through the rest.
- When is the best time to get married in the Whitsundays?
- We close for the wet season (January through to March) which is when we have our highest rainfall and humidity. Whitsundays weather is at its best from April through to December. The period from June to August is generally beautiful and sunny, most suited to anyone used to cooler climates, with crisp evenings: ideal for more formal weddings where the groomsmen are wearing jackets and suits. April/May and September to December are the months where the days are summery and the nights warm and balmy.
- What happens if it rains on my wedding day?
- To date we have hosted over 160 weddings and only 2 have been affected by wet weather. If it does happen to rain, typically it will be a shower that blows through as most of the really heavy rain is restricted to our wet season. In the event of a shower during the ceremony, we have ample umbrellas for your guests. If a serious downpour occurs, which is highly unlikely, we move the ceremony to the beautiful marble room which, with its soaring cathedral ceiling serves as a standby chapel, with chairs arranged either side of the red carpet aisle. The reception is unaffected as it takes place in our open air all weather verandah which is protected by clear drop down blinds.
- Do you allow children at the venue?
- We encourage children to be a part of every wedding. However we also know that too many children can change the whole dynamic of your day so we limit the number to 10. Children up to the age of 14, including young infants, become members of the Botanica Kids Club for the day and are cared for ….etc……our childcarers take kids exploring around the gardens and the “enchanted forest” ; they take part in supervised activities, then watch movies in the private cinema. Children under the age of 10, including young infants, are cared for by our professional childcare team, to ensure their safety and allow parents to relax and enjoy the experience. We make sure everyone has a great time; our childcarers take kids exploring around the “enchanted forest”, and if they’re old enough, down to the waterfront to collect shells, feed the many fish in the ponds and then watch a movie in the private cinema. We like to think of Villa Botanica as paradise for kids as well as adults.
- What are your guest capacities?
- Villa Botanica can accommodate up to 80 guests for a cocktail reception and up to 64 guests for a three course reception.
- Are children included in your guest numbers?
- Depending on their ages they will be included in calculating maximum capacities for certain services (like transport) however they are not included in seating capacities.
- How much does it cost to get married at Villa Botanica?
- We will provide you with pricing tailored to your guest numbers, reception format (cocktail or three course) and package type. Depending on your budget and personal preferences we offer a range of options, from the economical Classic up to the Ultimate Package, which culminates in a spectacular fireworks display.
- When do ceremonies take place?
- Ceremonies are held at 3pm which allows 30 – 45 mins for the ceremony, plus time to catch up with friends and family afterwards. Bridal party and couples photography takes place between 4pm and 6.30pm, when the light is softer and most flattering.
- What will our guests do between the ceremony and reception?
- Making sure your family and friends have an unforgettable time is one of our key priorities at Villa Botanica. When your guests arrive at the venue we give them a map of the extensive gardens and suggested walking tour. Exploring the beautiful palm forest and exotic Cactarium, champagne in hand, is a lovely way to enhance the overall experience of your wedding. Of course, many of your guests will simply prefer to enjoy their post ceremony drinks and canapés on the beautiful lawn terrace overlooking the Whitsundays’ spectacular Coral Sea. Smaller groups can while away their time playing bocce or croquet on the lawn. At 5.30pm everyone makes their way to our fabulous sea deck for sunset cocktails while they await the entrance of the bridal party at 6.30pm.
- Is there accommodation at Villa Botanica?
- Villa Botanica is not a resort however we do provide accommodation in our beautiful Bridal Villa on the day and night of your wedding, for the bride and groom. We also provide a detailed list of preferred local Whitsunday accommodation suppliers with a range of options to suit all budgets as well as a list of possible pre and post wedding activities, turning your unforgettable day into a spectacular wedding week.
- Is there parking on site?
- We have limited parking which we set aside for the suppliers who will be working on your wedding, plus a vehicle space for the Groom and Groomsmen. Everyone else is transferred to the venue by a private shuttle service which guarantees all your guests arrive at the Villa in time and don’t have to worry about being designated drivers. If you have a guest with special needs please contact your co-ordinator and we will try to accommodate them.
- Is the venue non-smoking?
- Villa Botanica is in compliance with the new Smoking Laws and is a non-smoking venue. In line with the new laws, guests are still able to smoke in the gardens and on the outside verandah, but not inside the venue itself.
- How do I book?
- Simply pay a $990 deposit (we take Visa and Mastercard) and sign and return our booking form and your date and quote are automatically locked in. Simply contact us to receive our personalised experiences and available dates.
If you have any more questions feel free to contact our friendly team on 1800 795 990.
Wedding photography provided by Adam Finch of Studio Impressions, Norina Jane of Iconic Bride and Lisa Michele Burns.